Monday, October 28, 2013

Getting Rid of the Distractions


OK.  I am at the beginning of a new week and God has very clearly shown me that I need to get rid of some distractions in my life.  Amazing things are happening at church and as the Senior Pastor I need to stay focused on where God is leading and stop getting sidetracked by things that always take my focus and attention off those important things and consume (aka waste) an enormous amount of my time.

It seems strange to establish a resolution near the end of the year but here goes:

From this day forward and with God's help:
  • I will focus on God and His Word and my responsibilities as a Husband, Father, and Pastor and not be distracted by all the little things that pop-up every single day.  
  • I will give God my First Fruits by beginning my day with Him in prayer and in the Word.  
  • I will be the man of God that He created me to be.  
  • I will lead my congregation as the under-shepherd by listening to and heeding the leadership of the Holy Spirit.  
  • At all costs I will avoid temptations that can cause me to stumble and fail.
  • I will love my wife as Christ loved the church.
  • I will take care of my body since it is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
  • I will strive to be more like Jesus in my every day walk.
God let it be so!

What about you?  What things distract you from the important things in life?  Maybe it's time to make your own list.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment